Scottish Centre for Geopoetics Natural Life on Luing Weekend Programme
Friday 4 – Monday 7 May 2007
FREE EVENTS in CULLIPOOL HALL:
• Friday 4 May at 8.30pm An INFORMAL SOCIAL GATHERING for visitors and islanders to meet each other and discuss the weekend ahead. Please bring your own refreshments and nibbles.
• Saturday 5 May at 10.30am BIRD LIFE ON LUING: an illustrated talk and guided walk by Bill Eddie, ornithologist and botanist.
• Saturday 5 May at 8.00pm GRAND CEILIDH with the Seil Ceilidh Band, Fiona Cruikshanks, Fumiko Miller, poets and ‘Come all ye’ performers. Please bring your own refreshments.
• Sunday 6 May at 11am THE FLORA AND FAUNA OF LUING: an illustrated talk and guided walk by Rosy Barlow and Zoë Fleming, Luing History Group, on the results of the recent survey.
• Sunday 6 May at 7.30pm THE FUTURE OF LUING: an illustrated talk by Alastair Fleming, Chairman, Luing Community Trust, about the work being done to create panels and a heritage centre.
• Monday 7 May at 2pm A GATHERING to share and discuss artwork, poems, prose etc. to include in a pamphlet about Natural Life on Luing. Please bring along your work and ideas.
All of these events are open to all islanders and visitors and will be FREE thanks to funding from Scottish Natural Heritage.